Chess.com brings you the ultimate chess application:
- Unlimited online chess games against real people
- Live chess play, or turn-based
- Powerful computer opponent
- Huge tactical puzzle library
- Instructional videos from top GMs
With a powerful combination of features for playing and learning, this is the premier chess application for all players, from beginner to master. This has everything a real chess player wants: ways to play and improve your game!
Chess.com tracks and charts your ratings and progress for you. In fact, all online content - your games, tactics puzzles & videos - can also be accessed directly from the Chess.com website.
Access the various features with an intuitive menu system. Enjoy a beautiful chess board with nine different piece designs and color schemes. Choose to play with or without realistic sound effects.
PLAY CHESS ONLINE:
- Join a vibrant chess community of more than 750,000 players of all skill levels
- See your current games and games you recently finished
- Challenge a friend or create an open challenge
- Chat with your opponent during a game
- Visualize your plan using the built-in Analysis Board
- Offer or accept a draw; or resign if your position is lost
- Adjust the computer's strength to provide the perfect challenge
- Select a playing style for your opponent – from “Passive” to “Suicidal”
- Set up any legal position
- Email your game as PGN text
- Ask the computer for a simple hint or look deeper by viewing the computer's analysis
- View captured pieces as you play
- Navigate though the move list with ease
- Explore a library of over 35000 puzzles (and growing!)
- Choose the winning moves – your success depends on speed and accuracy
- Trainer will track your progress and serve the right problems based on your rating
- View your rating, past problems, and a graphical chart of your progress at Chess.com
- Tackle (unrated) problems in Offline Mode when you don't have an Internet connection
- Access a video library of hundreds of video lessons created by top coaches and Grandmasters.
- Choose your lessons by skill level and theme: Strategy, Openings, Endgames, Tactics, Amazing Games, etc.
- Watch as the games and commentary are illustrated on a large video chess board with animated diagrams
Chess.com is the #1 online chess site with more than 1 million members across the main Chess.com site, Chess on Facebook, and Chess on iGoogle. Chess.com is built by chess players and enthusiasts who really love chess, not just programmers tinkering around with chess. We’re legit, serious tournament chess players committed to promoting chess and improving access to chess in every possible way! Visit http://www.chess.com/about.html to meet us!
** NEW IN THIS UPDATE **
- Stability improvements
- Fix for Online chess Notification issues
- Online chess 960 castling bugs have been fixed
- Special fixes for Android 3.x Live
- Tactics fixes
Please include the version number of Android platform (2.1, 2.2 etc) to your comments and bug reports if any. It would be helpful to catch possible bugs. Thank you!
Content rating: Low Maturity