Listen to live audio from over 2,900 police and fire scanners, weather radios, and amateur radio repeaters from around the world (with more being added daily).
Configure alerts to have the app notify you when lots of people are listening to a scanner (indicating that something big may be happening).
The audio is provided by volunteers using real scanner radios. If your area is not available, see the menu in the app for information on how to get it added.
Install the Scanner Radio Chat Plug-In (it's free) to get access to the Scanner Radio chat rooms (see the plug-in's description for more information).
This is the free version of the app, below are the benefits of getting the Pro version:
* The Pro version contains no ads.
* The play button at the top of the directory screens and on the widgets is functional.
* Allows you to specify when you want to receive listener alerts.
* Allows you to setup listener alerts for scanners located near you.
* Allows you to listen to archived audio (from the past 30 days) if you have a RadioReference.com Premium Subscription. Their premium subscription is $15 for 6 months, without it you will not be able to access their audio archives using the app.
* Use with *this* version of the app to listen to two scanners at once.
The "Read Phone State" permission is needed by the app so that it can detect when you're placing a phone call (or when one is being received) so that it can automatically stop the streaming of the scanner audio so that it doesn't interfere with the call.
If the audio repeats, you hear RadioReference.com's audio lead-in repeatedly, or the app stays connected for only a short time, try selecting "Settings" from the menu, then "Player settings", and then try changing the "Streaming method" setting.
Note that the widgets are not available if the app has been installed on an SD card. If you can't find the widgets, move the app off of your SD card.
Follow "Scanner Radio" on Facebook or ScannerRadio on Twitter to be notified about service interruptions, new beta versions, etc.
Keywords: police scanner, radio scanner
Added new settings to the "Alert Settings" area under "Settings" allowing you to be notified anytime a scanner feed near you has more than a certain number of listeners (requires Scanner Radio Pro).
Added the ability to have sounds played in the chat room when a new message is received or when people enter/exit the room you're in.
Added a one-time notice which explains that the audio is provided by volunteers.
Added a Share icon to the action bar on the player screen.
Content rating: Low Maturity